All agents are NOT alike! Find out how Patty has helped hundreds of homebuyers & sellers. Call Patty today at 812-232-6015!
|See Why Patty's Marketing Works!
Before signing a contract with any real estate agent, make sure you know EXACTLY how your home will be marketed.
Find Out More >
View All Offers >
|Patty Williams are some of The
Top Selling Real Estate Experts
Find Out More >
Are you new to the area? Request Patty's FREE package of Terre Haute relocation information!
It's Patty & her team's job to help you! There's no obligation, and we promise to respond quickly...
Moving your family to another town or state is a major event in your life! Patty has helped many families and individuals relocate to and from central Indiana and Eastern Illinois.
If you will be moving into the area, we can correspond by email and phone. Together, we'll determine what type of home, price range, and neighborhoods you are interested in. Patty can send you every home or property that is currently available that matches your criteria, or you can sign up to see her Latest Listings , or search local homes for sale .
When you visit, we'll be ready! We will visit the Terre Haute neighborhoods and homes that interest you the most. In addition, we can talk about schools, sub-divisions, local market conditions, local culture... anything that is important to you.
To get started, fill out the form below to request our FREE Terre Haute, Indiana Relocation Package. We'll send it right out. It's full of useful and important information about this area. You are under no obligation, so you can't go wrong... If you need additional information, just contact Patty with your questions too.
Patty, through her network of other #1 Experts throughout the U.S. and her trusted relationships throughout the years, can refer you to another agent in what will be your new hometown or home-state. Her experience and relationships can help you to identify resources to help you find your new home, while Patty helps to sell your home here. Contact Patty to get started on your move now, or learn more about preparing for your move!
Remember: As a top Terre Haute real estate agent, it's Patty's job to understand all the challenges of relocation, and she wants to make your transition as smooth as possible!
Patty's team of relocation professionals will provide the following services:
If Moving Into Our Area:
- Mail you a package, an inch or more, of detailed information about our community and what's going on. Request your Relocation Package now!
- Help you find a high quality and competent REALTOR in the area you are leaving to help you market your present home.
- Work with you and your new employer, if appropriate, in arranging the details of your home search and relocation to our area.
If Moving Away From This Area:
- Help you obtain preliminary information on the communities where you are considering moving.
- Help you find a high quality and competent REALTOR to help you at your destination area.
- Work with your relocation company, if you have one, arranging inspections, appraisals and many other details necessary on this end.
- Work with you to develop the best strategy for you in the marketing of your home, designed to accomplish your goals.
Relocation is an important part of Patty's business and her success is based on the quality of the service we are able to provide you in your relocation. Call or email Patty - Patty & her team are ready to help you now.
Ready To Move?
Williams & Associates Moving Van
You can use this truck free of charge, for your local move, if you buy or sell your home through Williams & Associates. Contact Patty for more information.
Preparing For Your Move
- Get rid of anything you aren't taking with you.
- Find out where to dispose of household chemicals like old paint.
- Make a list of everything you're bringing to your new home.
- Find out the replacement value of all belongings, for insurance purposes.
- Fill out a change of address form. Notify friends, family and others of your new address.
- Fill out an IRS change of address form.
- Get copies of your medical and dental records if necessary.
- Get copies of veterinary records, if necessary.
- If you're moving out of state, find out about auto licensing and insurance.
- If you're moving in-state, find out where and how to change your address on your driver's license.
- Notify your kids' schools and have their records transferred to their new schools.
- Return any cable equipment.
8 to 14 days before you move
- Return library books or any other borrowed items.
- Collect all the items you may have loaned out.
- Make arrangements to disconnect gas, electric and other utilities.
- Make arrangements to connect utilities at your new place.
- Arrange to have major appliances prepped for the move.
2 to 7 days before you move
- Get rid of all flammables.
- Figure out what you're bringing with you in the car or plane.
- Arrange for removal of "installed items" you're bringing with you, like a TV antenna or shed.
- Pack a suitcase with clothes and toiletries you'll need the first day in your new home.
- Pack a special box with other essentials you'll need for the first few days. (Make sure to mark box "Do Not Move".)
The Day before Moving Day
- Take down curtains and curtain rods
- Empty, defrost and clean your refrigerator. Make sure it has at least 24 hours to air dry.
- Clean and air your stove.
- Plan your breakfast. Paper plates and plastic ware is fine. Eating something on the road is better.
- Pack your personal belongings except your alarm clock.
- Go to sleep early. You'll be glad of it tomorrow.
- Collect all keys to locking items. Put them in a safe place.
- If you hire movers, strip the beds but leave them intact, the movers will dismantle them.
- Make sure you're at home when the movers arrive, so you can sign an inventory.
- Walk around with the crew chief while he does the inventory.
- Make sure everything is ready for the move.
- Keep your signed bill of lading and inventory in an easily accessible place.
- Make sure the driver has the correct delivery address and phone number.
- Confirm the expected delivery time with the driver.
Before you leave, do a final walk-through of every room. Check all closets and cabinets.
Get a FREE Relocation Package complements of Patty Williams!
Are you new to the area? Moving here soon? Request Patty's FREE package of Terre Haute relocation information. It's Patty & her team's job to help you! There's no obligation, and we promise to respond quickly...
Tax Considerations >Tax Deductions
Here is a question which is often asked about real estate sales: which home loan fees are deductible for income tax purposes? It is good to know the answer to this question before you sign on the dotted line. It may influence which loan you will choose. Loan fees for certain services are not itemized on your fee statement, but are grouped together into a single category.
The most obvious deductible fee is the loan fee paid to acquire a mortgage for a principal residence. The IRS recently ruled that the buyer could deduct the fee in the first year, even if the seller paid it! Other deductions include pro-rated property taxes and mortgage interest. On these items, the buyer may only deduct their share.
Most of the other closing costs are not deductible, but you may add them to your home's adjusted cost basis when calculating appreciation. Among these costs are appraisal, attorney, and inspection fees, as well as title, recording and notary fees. Fire insurance fees are neither deductible nor do they figure into the cost basis. If you are not sure which fees are deductible, consult a professional tax advisor.
What are the world's most valuable chairs?
A pair of Chippendale chairs designed by Robert Adam sold in 1997 at Christie's, London to an anonymous buyer for $2,762,330.
|See More Real Estate Trivia >
Virtual Tour Inventory Widget